Call for Papers
The ROSS workshop, to be held as a full-day meeting at the HPDC 2017 conference in Washington, D.C., USA, focuses on principles and techniques to design, implement, optimize, or operate runtime and operating systems for supercomputers and massively parallel machines. ROSS provides a timely and lightweight forum for scientists and engineers to present the latest ideas and findings in this rapidly changing field.
The topics include, but are not limited to:
- OS and runtime system scalability on many-node and multi/many-core systems
- management of heterogeneous and reconfigurable compute resources, including FPGAs, GPUs, etc.
- distributed/hybrid/partitioned OSes and runtime systems for Supercomputing
- system noise analysis and prevention
- interaction between middleware, runtime system, and the OS
- modeling and performance analysis of runtime systems
- OS and runtime considerations for large-volume, high-performance I/O
- memory management and emerging memory technologies
- the role of OS and runtime system in minimizing power usage
Download the call for papers.